The focus of the Wichita Alternative Gift Market is to serve those in need in our community and around the world. Therefore, most of the gifts featured at the market are not “stuff,” but rather financial support for projects in honor of a loved one. However, each year as space allows, we do feature a few vendors whose mission is parallel with ours, for those shoppers seeking more traditional, tangible gift items. These vendors offer items such as fair trade crafts, food items, and more — and the proceeds from the sale of those items go to our global neighbors in need.
Local vendors for 2016 are:
- East Heights United Methodist Church
- Legacy Potteryworks
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of Kansas
- Fair Trade Fans Wichita/Newton (featuring Ten Thousand Villages products)
- Tissu Sewing Studio
- Trades of Hope
Market vendors from past years have included:
- East Heights United Methodist Church (with sales of cookbooks)
- Fair Trade Fans Wichita/Newton (formerly Ten Thousand Villages Newton, with sales of fair trade crafts, jewelry, and food items)
- Olive Branch Mission African Jewelry Project
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of Kansas (with sales of wall calendars)
- Wichita Women’s Initiative Network (with sales of hand-woven items and packaged food products)
Vendor Booth Sponsor Guidelines
Your products/services must serve a human need. Products must be fair trade or used to support the charitable programs your agency offers.
- You have a limited space available. You may decorate the space how you wish.
Note: Access to an electrical outlet will not be available.
- Since there will be music playing at the market event, you are not permitted to have music at your booth.
- Each vendor booth is required to pay $50 to help pay event costs, such as marketing, advertising, and publicity.
Please submit your application to Alternative Gifts International, P.O. Box 3810, Wichita, KS, 67201 (or via email to email@example.com) no later than September 1, 2016.
The WAGM Steering Committee will make a decision as to Vendors accepted to this year’s Market and will notify vendor applicants no later than September, 15, 2016. In the event your application is accepted, please submit your $50 check – payable to Alternative Gifts International, with a memo note – WAGM Vendor Booth – no later than October 1, 2016.
For more information call: Lorrie Beck (Market Coordinator) at email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method of communication) or 316.249.6222.